Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Childhood Memories...

Hello to all of my fellow horror fans, my name is Mike S, and this is my first official posting on my newly created blog.

As I have stated yesterday in my formal introduction of this blog, I 'm looking forward to hearing from fellow horror fans on the net who share my passion for everything horror in the world of entertainment. While the classics and the popular movie blockblusters of today all have their merits, there is nothing like a good 'ol fashioned horror film to cuddle up to on a dark and lonely night. Whether it is a classic horror film from the 1930's or the 1940's like Frankenstein or The Wolfman, a big bug sci-fi movie like Them! or a 1980's slasher film featuring guys named Jason, Freddie, or Michael, there is nothing more satsifying like a good scare or two. Let's face it when it comes to childhood memories and horror movies, what sticks in your mind the most? The first time that you saw Dracula creep out of his coffin, the first encounter with a zombie in the opening graveyard scene in Night of the Living Dead, or the first time you heard that chilling death rattle in The Grudge? These moments were priceless and will stay with you for many years to come.

With this blog, I hope to not only give my own spin on horror films, books, toys, etc. consisting of reviews and impressions of my own childhood memories, but to hear from you as well. There is a lot to discuss, critique, and reminisce about on this blog and I am eager to get started right away. Every Wednesday will be question day. So the questions will range from trivia to comments on a personal level. Today's question is a basic, but an important one. What five films frightened you the most as a child? I can tell you the ones that impacted me the most. They are in no particular order as follows:
  1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
  2. Pyscho (1960)
  3. Carnival of Souls (1962)
  4. The Wolfman (1941)
  5. Tales from the Crypt (1972)

There are also a handful of movies that effected me in my adult years as well. They are as follows:

  1. Dawn of the Dead (1979)
  2. The Brood (1980)
  3. The Saint Francisville Experiment (2000)
  4. The Grudge (2004)
  5. The Changeling (1980)

What are yours?

The above films that I mentioned prove one thing, you are never too old to be scared out of your wits. Alright there until tomorrow have a bloody good day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    definitely
    1. night of the living dead
    2. the changeling (especially the ball coming down the stairs)
    3.don't be afraid of the dark
    4.the mist (orig.)
    5.phantasm.....

    ReplyDelete